Fixing the damage to your auto's body is a repair that can be done at home or in a professional body shop. Body auto repair shops fix thousands of dents every day, from older people who stop using the vehicle properly, to younger people who only take a few minutes for a professional. First, let us focus on doing the work ourselves.
It is not difficult to justify an expensive professional repair for your car with severe body damage. However, small dents in your car can be fixed at home if you have the right equipment and knowledge. , also known as Bondo, is the best and easiest option to repair. The key to any auto repair is to take your time if you do this, the body of your vehicle will look new again. To do the body auto repair yourself, you will need wet/dry sandpaper, some bonds, a glaze with putty, plastic spreaders, and primer.
(1) Start by sanding the paint until you see bare metal. This is necessary for Bondo to stick. A little more outside than the actual size of the dent.
(2) Bondo should come with a hardening agent that you mix after the surface of the body is sanded. This hardener will set quickly, so after mixing it, do the work of laying it over the damaged area.
(3) When Bondo has set, smoothen that area and fill in any diets you have missed. This can be done with glazing putty and a plastic spreader.
(4) Smoothen the putid area, and begin to inflame that area. Be sure to tape over a large area to avoid spreading or retrofitting your car.
(5) The primer has to be wet-sanded once dried. This can be done with a bottle of filtered water and the same fine sandpaper.
Body auto repair is not difficult, but major repairs are best left to a professional shop. For that last step, painting, having it done by a supporter will ensure that your hard work will not go in vain.
Choosing a shop for your repair is an important decision. A bad repair can leave your car damaged, reducing its value. The worst-case scenario is that the repair will have to be redone. Keep a list of stores before the need, and make sure they use the latest equipment, and warranty their work.